Certified Aluminum Auto Body Repair Shop
The use of aluminum in vehicle construction continues to increase with each model year. Some vehicles are constructed almost entirely out of aluminum, while others may only have certain parts and panels made of aluminum, such as the hood, fenders, doors, and trunk lid. Aluminum is also commonly used in mechanical parts. When aluminum is used for exterior panels, the benefit is less weight with strength similar to steel.
Aluminum vs Steel
Typically, aluminum panels will be thicker than a steel panel and still weigh less. Aluminum panels may be used in conjunction with aluminum, magnesium, steel, or composite materials
Aluminum Panel Repair
Aluminum repairs are much different than steel. Steel has “metal memory” which means it easily can be returned to its original structure. Aluminum is more pliable and special tools are needed to repair dents. Aluminum also reacts differently to heat. Too much heat can compromise the integrity of aluminum. Due to this act, many vehicles with extensive aluminum components use alternative methods to connect parts besides welding.
Several vehicle brands have models with aluminum panels or structures.
The shift to aluminum is primarily to reduce weight and improve fuel efficiency. Here are some notable brands and models that have embraced aluminum:
- Ford: The F-150 truck, starting from the 2015 model year, famously transitioned to a high-strength, military-grade aluminum-alloy body.
- Jaguar: Jaguar has been at the forefront of the shift to aluminum, using it extensively in models like the XJ, XF, and F-TYPE.
- Land Rover: The Range Rover and Range Rover Sport models utilize an all-aluminum unibody structure.
- Audi: Audi uses aluminum in various parts of its vehicles, such as the A8 which has an aluminum space frame.
- Tesla: The Model S and Model X both use aluminum bodies.
- BMW: While BMW primarily uses a mix of steel and carbon fiber, some models like the 5 and 7 series do have aluminum components.
- Mercedes-Benz: Mercedes uses aluminum extensively in several models, especially in the SL and SLS AMG.
- Cadillac: The CT6 utilizes a mix of aluminum and steel for its structure.
- Alfa Romeo: The Giulia and Stelvio have aluminum body panels.
- Chevrolet: The Corvette has used aluminum frames for several generations now.
- Porsche: Models like the 911 and Panamera use a blend of materials, including aluminum.
It's worth noting that many automakers use a blend of steel, aluminum, carbon fiber, and other materials to achieve optimal weight, strength, and cost factors. When seeking repairs, it's crucial to know if your vehicle has aluminum components, as they require specialized repair techniques.
Why Choose Us for Aluminum Body Repairs?
- Specialized Equipment: Repairing aluminum isn’t the same as fixing steel. It requires specialized equipment to ensure the repair is seamless and durable. We've invested in the latest tools tailored for aluminum to guarantee precision in every repair.
- Trained Technicians: Aluminum behaves differently from steel when it's bent or heated. Our technicians undergo regular training sessions to stay updated with the latest techniques in aluminum body repair.
- Isolation Bay: Aluminum and steel don’t mix well. Even the smallest steel particles can cause corrosion on an aluminum surface. Our facility features an isolated bay dedicated solely to aluminum repairs, preventing cross-contamination.
- Genuine Parts: For replacement needs, we use genuine aluminum parts that match your vehicle’s specifications, ensuring consistency in quality and performance.
- Safety First: Aluminum repairs, if not done correctly, can compromise the safety of your vehicle. We follow rigorous procedures to ensure every repair meets or exceeds industry safety standards.
Comprehensive Aluminum Repair Services
From minor dents and scratches to major collision damage, our team has the expertise to restore your aluminum vehicle to its original state. Our services include:
- Aluminum welding
- Dent removal
- Panel replacements
- Structural realignments
- Surface refinishing
Driving Forward with Confidence
Your vehicle deserves the best care, and when it comes to aluminum body repairs, we are the specialists you can trust. Drive away with the peace of mind that your car has been treated with expert care and precision.
Choose Regal Repair for all your aluminum vehicle body repair needs and experience service that's a cut above the rest.